Christmas Cake Pops
By December 8, 2014Published:
- Makes: 20 (and some spare cake mixture for a few fairy cakes or muffins!)
These festive cake pops are sure to be a hit this Christmas! Perfect bite-sized morsels of cake coated in chocolate and served on a lollipop stick! You will need: a silicone cake pop mould and lollipop sticks, which are now widely available.
- 100g (4oz) soft margarine (70% fat content) or butter
- 100g (4oz) dark chocolate (with less than 50% cocoa solids)
- 100g (4oz) Juvela Gluten-Free White Mix
- ½ tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp cocoa (gluten-free)
- 75g (3oz) golden caster sugar
- 62ml (2½) fl oz milk
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- Milk, dark and white chocolate for coating cake pops
- Festive sprinkles and decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate (either in a microwave or over a pan of simmering water), stirring occasionally. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Mix, baking powder, cocoa and sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the dry ingredients, along with the melted chocolate. Beat together until thoroughly combined.
- Place the bottom of the mould (without the holes) on a baking tray and spoon cake mixture into each hole, ensuring each one is full. Place the top section of the mould onto the base and press down lightly round the edges to ensure the top and bottom of the mould are slotted together.
- Place into the oven on the baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for about 10-15minutes. (You can check if the cake pops are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into the hole at the top of the mould - the sticks should come out clean).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the mould; once cooled, carefully remove from the mould. Melt a few squares of dark chocolate and dip the tip of the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate (up to 1cm), and press into the cake pops (approx. half way through).
- Dip cake pops into milk, dark or white chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip off, and decorate with festive sprinkles and decorations of your choice!
Place sticks into a colander or piece of polystyrene whilst chocolate sets.
- NB if you don't have a cake pop mould, you can make your own by combining gluten-free cake crumbs with melted chocolate and shaping into small balls.