By August 18, 2017Published:
For the perfect sponges for a delicious home-made trifle, this simple Madeira cake recipe works a treat! As you’re going to cut the sponge into pieces to fit your dish, you can use either a square or round tin.
- 200g (8oz) JUVELA Gluten-Free Mix
- 150g (6oz) butter, softened
- 150g (6oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
- Medium eggs, lightly beaten
- Fresh lemon zest
- Grease and line 20cm (8inch) cake tin or 15cm (6inch) square tin. Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well until thick and creamy.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven for 40-50minutes until golden brown and firm to touch. Cut into 1 inch fingers.